Art Programs, Classes, Worshops, Playshops and One to One Sessions:
KIDS and TEENS ADULTS SPECIAL NEEDS COMMUNITY
Art InDeed provides art sessions for groups and private one to one sessions in “Open Space Studio” for Kids, Teens, Adults!
Our space is located at 1267 Victoria Ave. Windsor ON
We also come to you! Your school, daycare, agency, business, conference, retreat, seminar etc.
Kids and Teens
Classes and one to one sessions are available for: Preschoolers, School-age and Teens.
- Experiences in the expressive arts (story telling, music, dance, poetry and art making.)
- Experimenting with and exposure to different artistic mediums and techniques (paint, pastel, clay, drawing/sketching, clay modelling, print-making, screenprinting, etc.)
- Opportunities for the development of creative self-expression
We focus on:
- For Preschoolers: tactile and sensory experiences, building fine motor skills, hand skills and visual-motor skills.
- For Kids and Teens: self-discovery, exploration, celebration, and building self-esteem.
- For Everyone: Building social skills, pride in accomplishment and self-esteem, friendship, fun, relaxation, imagination, and creative self-expression.
The Classes are Art adventures:
- Little Picassos
- ColourPLAY for kids
- Play with Clay
- “Creative-escapes” for Teens – Expressive Art
- Drawing Classes – skill building
- SEE our BLOG for class dates and times.
Kids One to one: fun, self-expressive and skill-building classes with Danah that are individualized and designed to meet the needs and enhance strengths of all participants.
Fees Kids and Teens Classes:
1-time group session: $20.00
5 week session: $125.00 (1 – 1.5 hours per week, depending on age group)
Kids/Teens One to one private art session with Danah: $35.00 per session/hour (one hour sessions, can be on-going or 6-wk or 8wk sessions)
Classes and one to one sessions for Adults focus on:
- Creative process, free self-expression and spontaneity.
- Increase art skills, self-discovery, relieve creative blocks.
- Practice following intuition.
- Invest time and energy to create art.
- Opportunities to inspire relaxation, sense of purpose, lift mood, reduce anxiety, deal with loss.
- Healing and renewal.
- Discover meaning in your creative process and life through symbols and images.
- Experience being inspired and feel successful.
- Feeling FREE, helps relieve stress and bring relaxation to your BODY MIND and SPIRIT!
One to one private sessions with Danah are: $45.00 per hour.
Course fees are listed with class descriptions below. The fees vary depending on length of course and supplies.
ColourPLAY COURSES for Adults
ColourPLAY – Part One (7-week course)
Introduction to the body’s chakra system and exploring your personal relationship with colour.
Each week we focus on a different colour. A great course to stir your creative energy and rediscover playing! Enjoy inspiring discussions. Enjoy expressive painting as you like it. Enjoy the fun and mysterious “Epiphaneia Technique” developed by Danah.
ColourPLAY – Part Two (7-week course)
Guided by the body’s chakra system and history’s great masters we will explore colour as element and energy. Discover your inner artist in this unique and inspiring painting class.
- Red – At the Moulin Rouge (Matisse and Lautrec)
- Orange – Purely Personal – Marc Chagall (or Franz Marc)
- Yellow – The Joy of Van Gogh
- Green – The Open Green – Kandinsky (or The Heart of Frida Kahlo)
- Blue – Picasso’s Blue Period
- Indigo – Odilon Redon’s Imagination (or The Vision of Da Vinci)
- Violet – The spirit of Miro (0r Bizare Dali)
ColourPLAY – Part Three (7-week course)
When we listen to our body and our spirit we become artists in our own lives. When we experience the refreshing and energizing power of creating art and being “in-the-moment” we begin to create in our own authentic way. This 7-week expressive art program will take you on an inner journey to inspire and bring to life your own unique masterpiece: your inner landscape! Each week we will experience spontaneous creative, self-expressive activities. This course will focus on expressive painting and include some 3-dimensional (sculpture) activities as well.
Guided by colour, we will have fun navigating the mysterious journey within by exploring these symbolic archetypes:
- Red – the Mother/Feminine Energy
- Orange – the Lover or Personal Artist/Creator
- Yellow – the Warrior
- Green – the Healer
- Blue – the Magician
- Indigo – the Seer or Sage
- Violet – the Spirit
ColourPLAY part 4 – ColourPLAY CLEANSE (7- week course:)
ColourPLAY Creative Cleanse – An Expressive Painting class for Adults
The ColourPLAY course is our most popular class! With the new Cleanse component we offer an introduction to the body’s chakra system and exploring your personal relationship with colour. Each week we focus on a different colour. It is a great class to stir creativity and cleanse your energy system. You will enjoy inspiring discussions, playful activities and enjoy expressive painting. More about this class: “Change rooms in your mind…Leave the familiar of a while!” Come, immerse yourself in the magic ColourPLAY and expressive art. …an art class for relaxation, inspiration, self-discovery, empowerment, healing, affirmation, fun, creative exploration. Practice following your intuition, spontaneous art-making and feel increased wellness.
All ColourPLAY courses are for 7 weeks, once a week for 3 hours. $195.00
ART as a Spiritual Practice
Courses and Workshops for Adults:
“Drawing From Your Centre” – With Danah and Gail Yott, Life Strategist.
Re-connecting and awakening to the love and the light that is within you through reflections, meditations and creativity!
Drawing from your Centre” workshop offers tools and using creativity as an adventure of remembering and owning the truth and the power within you!
- Discussions and reflection on what is love, really? (in us and around us)
- personal power (knowing and owning your truth).
- exploring dimensions of self-love and peace.
Experiences in meditation and art-making:
- to connect with creativity and self-expression
- to make a unique art-piece to leave with.
- to feel renewed and transformed.
Full day workshop – $85.00
Between Breathes – Intuitive Wellness Through Art: using our mind-body-spirit’s wisdom to create and heal.
When we Listen to our body and our spirit we become artists in our own lives. When we experience the refreshing and energizing power of creating art and being “in-the-moment” we begin to create in our own authentic way. This 4-week expressive art program will take you on an inner journey through meditative activities to inspire and bring to life your own unique masterpiece: your inner landscape of symbol, colour, image, and sound. Each week we will experience spontaneous creative, self-expressive activities.
This course will focus on expressive drawing and painting and include some 3-dimensional (sculpture) activities as well.
”Listen, make a way for yourself inside yourself. Stop looking the other way of looking. You already have the precious mixture that makes you well…let us use it.” Rumi
4 – weeks 3hours once a week- $120.00
DreamREAL– Dream a dream that is YOU! Envision and live your dreams through art.
How about dreaming more than you think is practical?
How about desiring more than you think is possible?
This is a unique art class and a holistic approach to fulfilling your goals and dreams.
“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.”
During this class we will use relaxation, playful and inspirational exercises and the creative art-making process to let go and bring to life your dreams. It is a wonder-full journey of discovery.
“Unleash your aspirations, hidden and awakened, replenish your creative well.”
Week 1 – Dream – Collage
Week 2 – Imagine – Collage with Gesso…using various materials to create layers – personal layers to take your dreams to the next level.
Week 3 – Believe – Painting by Touch
Week 4 – Create/Action – Collage “Soul Card”
4 – week class, 3hours once a week – $135.00 ($5.00 fee supply)
Flexible sessions designed to meet the needs and enhance strengths for all participants.
Danah works with children and teens with learning difficulties, emotional difficulties (anger, anxiety, depression, ADD, ADHD), Asperger Syndrome. Sessions are also for children and teens at risk and/or receiving mental health treatment as a complimentary service that promotes creative self-expression and increases positivity.
How the art-making sessions can help develop, build and foster:
- Emotional Regulation
- Creative self-expression
- Soothes and smoother transitions (new siblings, new settings, new school, after a big move, big life changes)
- Fun and Play
- Building art skills and technique and developing pride in accomplishment
- Self discovery
- Stress relief
- Lifting mood and building self-esteem
- Processing loss
- Building social skills
We also use art-making to help children and teens understand:
The relationship between thoughts-Feelings-Behaviours…identifying emotions, self-talk and building self-awareness and making new choices.
- offers a creative way to help develop coping skills, reduce anxiety or fears and articulate feelings.
Art-making sessions are a fun and creative way to help develop:
- tactile and sensory experiences, building fine motor skills, hand skills and visual-motor skills.
Individually designed and tailored expressive art programs and sessions for:
- Kindergarden Classes, Montessori Schools, Elementary and High Schools
- Community-based programs for agencies and organizations serving various populations and specific needs.
- Employee Wellness programs at your workplace for team-building and health promotion programs.
If you would like more information, to register for classes or set appointments, contact
Danah at 519-977-1829 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our course listings with dates and time are featured on our Blog.
Please join us on Facebook!